Our flagship FileMaker-based business solution, fmIgnite, provides one click access tomany essential web services so that you can find information quickly without the need go to a specific website and retype various information you already have entered into your contact database. Using basic contact information like the name, company, address, phone, etc. you simply click on an fmIgnite web service button to see detailed information about that contact from the latest internet sources.
This is just one more way that fmIgnite can save you a lot of time and bring you instant value through information that can make your next business meeting more successful.
As new sources of information become available on the internet we add them to the feature list. Here’s a rundown of the current built-in web services:
- Search Company Info – Searches for the company name on wikipedia, Google, and Google image search
- Business – Uses alacrawiki.com, 411.com, tweepz.com, and manta.com to find information about the named company
- Search Name Info – Searches for the individual’s name on wikipedia, Google, and Google image search
- Person – Uses pipl.com, 411.com. zabasearch.com. tweepz.com, and kgbpeople.com to find out all kinds of information about the named individual
- Criminal Search – Uses criminalsearches.com to find background information about the individual. Great for checking up on your daughters new boyfriend.
- Work Phone Info – Uses dexonline.com to do a reverse phone number lookup to find the address if the work phone number is entered. If not, it searches for the phone number for this person.
- Home Phone Info – Uses dexonline.com to do a reverse phone number lookup to find the address if the home phone number is entered. If not, it searches for the phone number for this person.
- Mobile Phone Info – Uses dexonline.com to do a reverse phone number lookup to find the address if the mobile phone number is entered. If not, it searches for the phone number for this person.
- Facebook – Finds the individual on Facebook or asks to invite them.
- LinkedIn – Finds the individual on LinkedIn or asks to invite them.
- Address Info – Uses dexknows.whitepages.com to find the person or business at a specified address
- Real Estate Address Info – Uses zillow.com to find value of the address
- City Info – Uses wolframealpha.com and city-data.com to find demographics, the nearest airport, etc.
- Zip Code Info – Uses the usps.com to look up the zip+4 code and zipskinny.com to find other zip code information including demographics.
- Google Map – Displays map and driving directions to the location from any other contact starting address with Google Maps.
- MapQuest Map – Displays map and driving directions to the location from any other contact starting address with MapQuest.
- Yahoo Map – Displays map and driving directions to the location from any other contact starting address with Yahoo Maps.
- Weather – Shows weather for the location from weatherbug.com
- Product Info – Looks up product pricing, reviews, and detailed information on Amazon.com
Many of the search sites used in fmIgnite web services are an implementation of ideas found in Sam Richter’s book Take The Cold Out of Cold Calling – Web Search Secrets which is a great reference. Harvey Mackay, author of “Swim With the Shark’s” recommended the book as a must have for all sales and business development people. It’s all about having business intelligence for free and at your fingertips. Get the book if you want to learn how to do the searches on your own and get fmIgnite if you want to do it the easy way. Using fmIgnite is even faster and is less “browser clutter” than using the Warm Call Tool Bar software provided by Sam’s company because you don’t need to retype anything. The searches just use the information you’ve already entered in your master fmIgnite contact management system.