With an extensive background in digital business development, web services, and products, Scott applies creativity, problem-solving strategies, and innovation to his role at LuminFire as Vice President of Digital Solutions. Scott’s primary responsibilities include: managing the development process, building trusting client relationships, working alongside project management on client outcomes, providing leadership to the development team, managing and nurturing client accounts, and assisting in the overall growth and development of the company.
Scott has over 25 years of Filemaker development experience and over 10 years of web management and digital strategy. His love of all things Mac began when he purchased his first Apple IIc.
Scott’s beloved grandfather, known for being well-versed in many areas of discipline, was first to set fire to the “love of music” in his grandson. Scott developed these inherited passions during his undergraduate work at Wheaton College in Illinois where he immersed himself in trumpet performance. Music performance led him to the University of Minnesota where he earned his master’s degree. After graduating from the University of Minnesota, Scott became a professor of music at Northwestern College (UNWSP) and founded the Academy of Music—an organization he directed for over 10 years.
Little did he know that time spent developing Filemaker Pro databases and working with Mac tech support to improve work efficiency in the college setting, would later lead to a significant change of course in his career path. Although a career in computer technologies may seem distant from his musical roots, Scott skillfully transitioned to a position in Project Management and IT Support at Imagewerks Marketing. With the growth of Imagewerks, his position continued to evolve as Director of Operations, then later Director of Web Services.
Paying homage to his childhood roots in Gilford, NH, Scott enjoys sailing, tennis, fishing and downhill skiing. His life is enriched by the time he invests as a free-lance musician in the Twin Cities area. Scott enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 children and working on his new home in Marine on Saint Croix.
Posts by Scott Ivester
- Non-profit Casa de Esperanza Utilizes LuminFire to Improve their FileMaker Custom Application
- LuminFire Creates Custom Online Training Website for Smooth Divorce Transition
- Sun Valley Writers Conference Reboots Their Website to Sync With FileMaker
- Upgrading to macOS Catalina
- Tracking Transportation Vehicles with FileMaker
- What is Claris Connect? – Assisting with Software Integrations
- FileMaker Integration – Roadmap for the Future
- The University of Minnesota Technological Leadership Institute Innovates to Improve Internal Work Processes with fmIgnite and FileMaker
- Access Philanthropy Gets a Brilliant WordPress Web Productivity Solution
- FileMaker DevCon 2019 Review – Anything Is Possible