We value providing a healthy and safe environment for our employees, clients and guests, and this has never been more important than during a global pandemic. While many of our employees have chosen to work from home, protecting those who still need to work from the office is important. In order to offer our employees and guests the protection they need, we’ve installed a medical-grade ISO-Aire purification system at our office in Minneapolis.
Manufactured by Ducts and Cleats in St. Paul, Minnesota, the ISO-Aire is essentially a grey metal box on wheels with all the air purifying technology inside. Here’s an introduction to the unit by their sales and marketing manager Kevin Albers.
The unit provides us many benefits:
- Minimizes the risk of exposure: HEPA filter + Ozone-Free Ionization
- Ionization technology is designed to clean and filter the air; it’s 99.99% effective at capturing and destroying harmful aerosolized particles including viruses (including COVID-19), pollen, bacteria, mold, smoke, etc.
- Exceeds requirements for indoor air quality established by ASHRAE and the CDC
- This is the same clean air technology used in hospitals and clinics
- The unit is portable – meaning we can move it around the office as needed
- Creates a helpful “pink” noise for reducing stress and increasing focus
The included ionization device produces negative and positive charged ions that bind to pathogens and contaminants to neutralize and clump them together increasing the likelihood of capture in the air filter. Ionization neutralizes and reduces viruses, bacteria, VOCs (volatile organic compounds), odors, etc. and helps filters work better by increasing the particle size. Ion measurements throughout our office were better even far from the unit as the existing ventilation system helped to distribute them throughout the space.
While we have been very effective working in a virtual workflow, we look forward to the day we can again work together in person. So many great things happen when we are together. We also look forward to the day when we can begin hosting in-person meetups and events for WordPress, FileMaker, and Apple Macintosh at our office again.
ISO-Aire will help us return to our office safely.