As a bonus and demonstration of the power of this technique, the FileMaker Timeline is one of the timelines included in fmTimeLines and chronicles many key moments in Claris FileMaker history.
You can create your own timeline by following these quick steps:
- Download the sample file (available below).
- Click on Create a New Timeline.
- ownload to your local computer (make sure the file unzips).
- Click the Export HTML and Media Files button to save all the files to the project directory.
- Open the HTML file to test locally.
A more in depth tutorial…
The sample file has many more tips and features.
The lastest sample file requires FileMaker 17 at minumum, and is available for download below.