G Suite has grown to over 70 million education users and more than 3 million businesses. G Suite is a combination of feature rich cloud-based business applications accessible via a browser. It includes:
- Gmail – Email
- Calendar – Powerful time scheduling
- Hangouts Chat & Meet – Online Meetings
- Docs / Sheets / Forms / Drawings / Slides – Cloud Office Suite similar to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Drive – Online Cloud Storage and Sharing
- Groups – Internal and public forums
- Sites – Simple website builder
- App Maker – Development platform
- Keep – Notebook
- Jamboard – Collaborative whiteboard
- Google Cloud Search
- Admin – Administrate
- Vault – Archiving and discovery
- Mobile Device Management – Manage ChromeOS devices in the cloud
G Suite also gives you single sign-on access to:
- Translate – Languages
We were originally hesitant to switch to G Suite at LuminFire. Microsoft Office had served us well for years and we did utilize many of the advanced features of Word and Excel. After thorough testing, we found that in every applicable use case, Google Docs and Sheets were more than capable of taking over the job. Additionally, the inherent benefits of working in the cloud like collaboration, automatic backups, and version tracking sealed the deal. Another concern was losing the ability to work offline. We later found that this was not the case – files can be synced for offline use and there are versions of G Suite apps that work offline.
Overall, we have found G Suite to be very reliable. Every day, we are finding new features in G Suite to take advantage of that make us more effective.
We have assisted other companies with the transition to Google G Suite from Microsoft Office, onsite server hardware, and other productivity software. In all cases, the result has been positive.
Many of our clients trust us with their entire IT setup including implementing their productivity applications like G Suite, building their custom CRM/ERP with FileMaker, integrating with their WordPress or E-commerce website, and taking care of all their macOS workstations.
Here are a few more advantages of G Suite for your business:
- Plenty of disk space for files, messages and attachments…30GB of data or more per user.
- Automatic backup of important files and documents
- Easy collaboration and sharing with multiple team members wherever they are are
- Automatic archive of all email messages
- Professional image with your company domain as the email address
- Reliable email sending with attachments
- File ownership and security for your company. Only active employees have access to email and Google drive.
- Excellent spam filtering
- Full URL addresses for each document that can be linked and shared across platforms.
If you are contemplating G Suite for your organization, contact us and our team can assist with a smooth transition.