LuminFire is looking for a high potential PHP developer who has demonstrated an interest in working with open source CMS platforms, specifically WordPress. This role will collaborate with our senior web engineers and technical leaders to develop web and hybrid mobile solutions for our growing business needs.
- Remote candidates: contract only (no benefits).
- Local candidates (or those willing to relocate to Minneapolis, MN) can be considered for contract to hire.
Who You Are
- 2+ years development experience with open source PHP platforms including developing themes, templates, and using plugins.
- Familiarity with important relational database design, programming concepts, and best practices such as code efficiency, code optimization, object oriented programming, and commenting.
- Exposure to source control systems such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Strong HTML/CSS skills
- Ability to interface with other developers and clients to quickly evaluate and resolve issues
- Solid communication and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with responsive design/development
- Familiarity with WooCommerce and Gravity Forms
- Disciplined self-starter able to be highly productive both working alone and in collaboration with a team.
- Ability to work within existing development standards as well as help define new standards.
- Eager to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies