The January 2024 Claris Platform User Group (CPUG-MN) meeting provided a short informative presentation on AI (Artificial Intelliegence) by Tim Cimbura, CEO of LuminFire, joined by Solution Engineers Mack Richardson and Shawn Krueger (also from LuminFire).
Discussed was a brief overview of how FileMaker can leverage artificial intelligence, and a demo of a sample FileMaker file showed this technology in action.
FileMaker AI Overview and Demo App Discussion
AI Summary of the Event:
Tim provided an overview of how FileMaker can leverage artificial intelligence (AI). He highlighted popular AI terms such as Large Language Model (LLM), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Generative AI, and ChatGPT conversational AI. They noted that several companies offer web services for AI, including OpenAI, AWS, Google Gemini, and Microsoft.
Tim discussed concerns around AI, such as the quality of responses and data privacy. They introduced a demo app that uses FileMaker and OpenAI.
The discussion also touched on the potential for AI to assist with tasks such as telephone calls, information summarization, pattern recognition, drafting communications, and generating ideas. Mack did, however, caution the group about the need to verify AI responses, especially when it comes to scripting.
Get this Free FileMaker AI sample file via download.
FileMaker and AI Resources
We will continue to link relevant articles and videos to this blog as they become known and available…
- If you want a deep-dive into chunking documents/media for Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG) which is what Ronnie Rio’s Claris Engage demo does manually.
- Open-sourced OpenAI code via Proof Geist
- Cris Ippolite iSolutions AI Videos
- Soliant Using Machine Learning Models in FileMaker Pro and Go
- Michael Wallace of Empowered Data FileMaker and AI
- Using AI to analyze a PDF File Cleveland Consulting
- Context Podcast: Impact of AI on FileMaker
- FileMaker and ChatGPT via Soliant