In this 40 minute video from the recent FMPUG – MN (FileMaker Pro User Group – Minnesota), Tim Cimbura (CEO and Software Engineer at LuminFire) reviews his experience with the Claris Engage 2020 virtual conference.
- What are the key takeaways?
- What was the conference like compared to past FileMaker DevCons (Developer Conferences)?
- What should I watch to learn more about FileMaker?
Here are some key points from Claris Engage 2020:
- This was the first time this conference had been presented as an online virtual event, and for the first time it was FREE. According to Claris, there were 26,000 session attendees online, but we are not sure how those numbers were measured. It seemed the number of live concurrent viewers were similar to years past when this conference was in-person and had approximately 1400+ people.
- FileMaker NG (Next Gen) is the workflow web browser version of FileMaker that will be coming in the future.
- FileMaker mobile for Android is also coming.
- We learned that new versions of FileMaker will be released more often.
- Many of the main events and keynotes seemed to be marketing focused.
- Sessions are available now on Claris Academy. Engage 2020 On-Demand.
- Sessions are also available via YouTube directly on the Claris Channel.
- The online Slack community called Auto Enter was great for interacting with others and was filled with great conversations. It was a great addition to the conference. The only downside was that it was deleted at the end of the conference week.
Claris recapped Day 1 and Day 2 on their blog. Here are links to a sampling of sessions and follow ups from the conference:
- Opening Keynote: Delivering the Promise of Digital Transformation – Brad Frietag, CEO of Claris
- Claris Platform Futures – Srini Gurrapu, VP of Product and Design at Claris
- JSON, You Deserve [Arrays] by Shawn Krueger from LuminFire
- Business Built on Claris – CxO Perspectives
- Claris FileMaker Stats
- Claris Academy – Additional Sessions with over 53 hours of content
If you have any questions about the Claris Engage conference, Claris technologies, or are curious about the history of DevCon, let us know. We’re happy to talk shop with you.