FileMaker 19 includes the ability to use add-on modules that can quickly add new functions to your solution including: calendars, kanban boards, charting, heat maps, timers, and more.
In addition to the pre-built add-ons, developers can create their own add-ons and make them available to other FileMaker users with the “Create your own Add-On” option using the script step “Save a Copy as Add-on Package.” The previous add-ons are still there as well: action items, addresses, attachments, companies, email addresses, general info, inventory transactions, notes, people, phone numbers, and topics.
Instructions for downloading and installing the example add-on:
- Submit the form below to get access to the free sample .zip file.
- Double-click on the zip file to create a new fmStarRatingAddon folder on your system with the add on files in it.
- Open the AddOnModules folder on your system:
- On Mac from the Go menu, choose Go to Folder… and enter the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/AddonModules
- Windows: Users\username\AppData\Local\FileMaker\Extensions\AddonModules
- Drag the fmStarFavoritesRating Control folder and fmStarFavoritesRatingControl.fmaddon file to the AddonModules folder that is within your FileMaker Extensions folder.
- Quit the FileMaker application, then open the database file where you want to install the add-on.
- From the View menu, choose Layout Mode and make sure the left object pane is open.
- Click the plus (“+“) button in the lower left corner of the object pane.
- Select the fmStarRating Add-on and then click Choose. The add-on is now available for you to add to your layout.